WASHINGTON, D.C.— The Committee on the Present Danger: China (CPDC) released today the results of national poll  conducted by McLaughlin and Associates offering insights into public sentiment about: the Chinese Communist Party’s responsibility for the COVID-19 pandemic; the need for the CCP to be held accountable for its dire consequences; and the extent to which Americans and/or their families have been negatively affected by those consequences. The poll also suggests that such sentiments will make China a voting issue this fall.
Key findings include:
- 60 percent of those sampled agreed that the Chinese Communist Party deliberately unleashed the COVID-19 virus on the world.
- 60 percent also agreed that the CCP should be held accountable for the deaths of roughly 1 million Americans, the immense economic damage and the loss of personal freedoms caused by the pandemic.
- More than 70 percent said they or their family had been negatively affected by the pandemic.
As CPDC Vice Chairman Frank Gaffney observed in his Secure Freedom Minute commentary today:
“What makes these data remarkable – and actionable – is that, for the better part of three years, virtually every media and governmental instrument available has relentlessly disinformed, discouraged and outright ‘cancelled’ such sentiments.”
Particularly noteworthy for those running for elective office at the federal and state level is the new poll’s finding that 76 percent said that a candidate’s position on China would be “important” or “a consideration” in their vote.
It happens that the Committee on the Present Danger: China and Team B III, both sponsored by the Center for Security Policy , have developed a powerful briefing for such candidates about what President Reagan would describe as our generation’s “existential threat to freedom” – namely, the Chinese Communist Party. “The Brief” is informed by the work of the CPDC  and TB3’s new book, The CCP is at War with America  and compellingly describes the extent, wellsprings and success of the CCP’s “unrestricted warfare” against this country and the rest of the Free World.
The Committee and Team B III are deeply appreciative to Heidi Ganahl and Governor Jared Polis, respectively the 2022 Republican and Democratic nominees for Colorado governor, for being the first two candidates to take The Brief earlier this month. Both found it informative and recommended that others receive it, as well.
The immediate purpose of The Brief is to equip candidates to address with voters their concerns about the threat posed by the Chinese Communist Party. It is also designed to encourage them to seek a mandate for pursuing the sorts of corrective actions required if we are to counter and defeat that threat. Grassroots activists and constituents of such candidates are invited to receive The Brief, as well.
Highlights of The Brief include:
- The CCP’s brutal oppression of the Chinese people – and its aspiration to do the same to the rest of the world’s population. The Brief describes myriad steps the Chinese Communists are taking to achieve that global domination.
- The history of the CCP’s unrestricted warfare against America and the techniques it is using to take down this country without using traditional military means. These include the use of fentanyl to kill annually 70,000 or more Americans in Colorado and elsewhere and to devastate our society. Then there are the influence operations and other means of “elite capture” about which Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and FBI Director Christopher Wray have strongly warned in 2020 and last week, respectively. The Brief makes clear that all Americans are being targeted by the Chinese Communist Party, without regard for political persuasions, and therefore that addressing this threat is – and must be – a non-partisan priority.
- Team B III has found that arguably the most devastating of the unrestricted warfare techniques employed by Chinese Communists against America and the rest of the world has been a biological attack. It came in the form of the SARS-CoV-2 virus created in a biowarfare laboratory in Wuhan, China and the resulting COVID-19 pandemic. That deliberate CCP attack has killed roughly a million Americans to date and materially harmed the rest of us.
- The Brief also presents accumulating evidence that the CCP is preparing to engage in kinetic warfare against U.S. allies and interests, and possibly our own assets, personnel and territory.
- The Brief concludes with six specific recommended actions that the United States must take in light of the threat posed by the Chinese Communist Party and its actual and prospective warfare against us.
To find out more about The Brief and arrange for candidates for elective office and other audiences to receive it, visit www.CCPatWar.com .